Sunday, March 08, 2009

How's the wrting going?

Most people have been asking me this especially my librarian who loves what I've written so far and wants to read more. I hit a space of two weeks last summer where I wrote 30k, but I haven't written much of anything since except a few book starters I know are going to be really good once I get into them. I think my problem is that I'm horribly overscheduled. I work full time as a teacher and then I take classes at night.

What I've been working on and adding more story here and then is a young adult urban fantasy that centers around two young people and the friends they meet along the way. Yes, one is a boy and the other is a girl. Quelle suprise. So what if you discovered that your world wasn't what you thought it was? What if the color of your skin wasn't the true barrier in life so much as what you were. If you were human but more than human all the same, how would your world change?

I usually write IR fiction because it's what appeals to me. I want to write an intelligent story where the heroine is strong but needs other people. I want to write a hero who isn't always the knight in shining armor. Most of all I just want to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home